Here is an extensive list of all the reasons that homeschool is better than going to a traditional school. The benefits are for parents and the students combined.
Take a look…you may be suprised !
- Begin learning any time of the day
- End learning whenever you want in the day
- Safe from school gun violence
- Condensed learning – shorter
- Kids chose topics they are interested in
- Read books they are interested in
- No packing school lunch boxes
- Food is better at home
- No buying school uniforms or shoes
- No ironing school uniforms
- Free from classroom bullies and harassment
- Go on holidays anytime without notice
- No homework
- No heavy school bags to carry
- No locker codes to remember
- Freedom to drink and eat whenever
- Embraces students learning style and pace
- No crazy morning school rush
- No school traffic
- No stop drop go line ups.
- Cheaper to holiday outside of standard holiday times.
- kids learn actual life skills
- No more school newsletters to read
- No parent volunteer working bees
- Less chance of headlice
- Less chance of catching school colds and flu
- Learning at home is effective
- Kids can learn and study with siblings
- Saves money on expensive school fees
- Homeschooling can be done anywhere at anytime
- No walking to school in the rain or snow
- One on One learning
- No need to notify the school of absences
- Family bonds are enhanced
- Family pets always have someone at home with them
- Kids feel safe and secure in a home environment
- Less social pressures
- Academic flexibility
- Choices with mandatory school vaccinations
- No weekly school assembly
Some of the benefits of homeschooling may give you a laugh but they are all valid reasons. One of my favourites is not having to physically drive to school and get stuck in the morning and afternoon peak hour traffic.
So you may be curious as to where I got this list from. I actually asked by own kids and they rattled off a heap so fast, that I barely had time to write them down. The rest came from my own experiences.
With my own experiences of enrolling my kids in traditional schooling and also actively choosing to homeschool, I believe that I have a good understanding of both alternatives. With that I must say that homeschooling was definitely the best option for my girls and my family as a whole.
It certainly deepened our connections together and it gave freedoms and flexibility that you just don’t experience with a traditional education. However, it did ruffle some feathers in the extended family as many family and friends had a very narrow understanding an view on homeschooling. So be prepared for some unsavoury opinions and plenty of interrogations from strangers. Some people are extremely biased and judgemental of homeschool parents and children,
However, my advice is do what feels right for your kids and your family. Homeschooling is becoming increasingly popular and more acceptable form of education.
I personally think it was the best decision our family ever made. Our Girls are the product of a learning environment that was safe, secure, and adaptable to their needs. We are proud to say they are both happy, secure and confident humans that are highly successful in their chosen careers.
Thanks Homeschool for giving us this freedom and flexibility…..
If you want to learn how to do this from someone who has actually done it. Twice! Now you can. After homeschooling our two daughters though to university, I now have the time to show others how to do it successfully. And hopefully, save some of you the ugly side of homeschooling.